OH MY GOODNESS!I just ran into the funniest post. I think most of these describe me :) Please read, enjoy, and most of all, laugh!
P.S. This post was original on Chronic Mom's blog. Thanks to her for writing this post, she's A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I just had to pass this along!
You know you have a chronic illness when...
- You lost your keys and after searching for two hours you finally find them in the freezer
- Your medication doesn't fit in your medicine cabinet
- Your medical files have to be carried around in a box
- You often hear the phrase "I've never seen anything like this before" when you go to the doctor
- Your doctors' phone numbers are programmed into your phone
- You're on first name terms with your pharmacist
- Every spare penny you have goes to paying off your medical bills
- You find yourself watching Lifetime movies
- You laugh hysterically when someone invites you to participate in a 5k
- Your emotions can go up down so much people think you are bi polar
- You have to ask for help when opening your pill bottles-those child proof caps don't stop children, but they sure stop you
- You have sweat pants in every color of the rainbow
- You know where the elevators are in every building you go to
- When you are used to being told you need a psychiatrist
- When someone asks "what do you do for a living," you just laugh
- You carry around prescription medication in your purse
- You try to explain to your friends and family the "spoon theory."
- You forget how to spell your name and have to ask someone else for help